Doula servicesDoula is a greek word meaning a woman who serves.
In the field of labor care, a doula refers to a specially trained birth companion (not a friend or loved one) who provides labor support. She performs no clinical tasks. Doula also refers to lay women who are trained or experienced in providing postpartum care (mother and newborn care, breastfeeding support and advice, cooking, child care, errands, and light cleaning) for the new family.
This emotional, practical and physical support allways complements your medical care.
Let's take an appointment (phone 06 12 16 48 16 or firstname.lastname@example.org), in order to meet each other. You will know if my support is what you need.
I do all my best to adapt to YOUR needs. So for example I can propose :
- a real ttention and listening to you, your husband, your questions,
- some indications on how in France your pregnancy is considered, how it can be medicaly supported,
- A friendly presence during the labor, if you wish (and only with the permission of the medical staff)
- A relay to take care of the elder,
- Keys to start breastfeeding, or to learn how to bring your baby in a sling.
- Possibility to have time after the birth with your baby (I can take care of the elder childs, prepare a meal ...).
How much does it cost ? For a first one-hour appointment, it is free, you only pay my travelling cost. Then the next appointents will cost only 16€ (total after salary taxes 30 €) ,plus car fees (0,4€ per kilometer). Then if you need me as your doula during your baby birth, it will cost you 180€ plus my fees.
I am a member of the association : Doulas of France, Doulas de France.
Please do not hesitate to contact me. I will be pleased to give you some precisions.